Plitvice lakes in winter
Even if you have already visited it during one of the 3 other seasons, it is worth paying a visit also in the winter. The best and most spectacular view is, of course, when the park covers the snow and when the waterfalls freeze. That's almost every winter from December to February when temperatures in this area are often below 0.
If there have been heavy snowfalls it can happen that the park is closed, but this happens rarely. Sometimes only the lower part of the park is open, which still makes the park worth visiting. On the National Park website, you can find current working hours, as well as parking information and which entry is in use. So in case of snow make sure to check.
For winter visits to NP Plitvice it is good to know:
- If weather conditions are "normal", boats are running on the upper lakes, and guides are also available
- Ticket prices are reduced
- Opening hours are shorter
- Bring warm clothes and suitable footwear, especially if there is snow
- It is possible to ski on Plitvice, a few kilometers from the entrance no. 2 in the village of Mukinje there is a slope with a T-lift and a few smaller hills which are mainly used for kids on slides. Ski equipment and slides can be rented at the ski center where you can also find a restaurant.
Arrival to Plitvice in winter
Traveling to Plitvice Lakes by car is usually not a problem, in the case of snow or heavy snowfalls be sure to check the conditions on the road on the HAK website before going on a trip.
Rent a vehicle in one of our offices and go for a snow adventure!
Whether you are traveling alone or with a family, whether you are a fan of sports cars or a sedan, anyone can find the ideal vehicle on our website www.carwiz.rent.